Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 5 Recap

My week 5 isn't officially over yet but I am going to go ahead and call it.  I have one more day to put in tomorrow but it is a cross train day and I am not 100% sure what I am going to do yet.  I need to put in 40 minutes so if it is nice enough I have plans to take the kids to the lake and put them in the bike trailer for a trip around and then walk with them as they ride their own bikes.  If the weather is bad, I will either walk for 40 minutes on the treadmill or do Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and then finish off the 40 minutes walking on the treadmill.

Here's what the week looked like for me this week. I had a goal of not missing any of my workouts, and as long as tomorrow goes well I will have met my goal.  I tend to get distracted and sometimes let one fall through the cracks.



Week
Mon
Tues
Weds
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
5
Stretch & strengthen

50 each:
Pushups
Crunches
Squats
2 m run or cross

Pinterest
Circuit
4 m run


45:59
Treadmill
4 m run + strength

42:20
Treadmill
6 m run


1:04:25
Rest
40 min cross


I was VERY happy with my outdoor long run on Friday.  Not necessarily because of the time, but mainly because I felt great!  I ran a big chunk of my first 2 miles but then had to stop because I got a phone call from my dad who was watching my kids so I had to answer.  I slowed to a walk while I was talking to him, then had to fix my app because the music had stopped, then took back off right at the bottom of a decent little hill.  Once I was going down the other side I felt that I could go forever.  I don't know what hit me but I just kept setting goals in my line of sight ("make it to that tree" or "make it to that sign") and consistently kept passing them and kept going.  I made it most of the way around the lake and all the way back to where the path crosses a busy state route.  I also had a couple fairly busy city streets to wait to cross and on at least one I didn't hear my workout pause.  Oh well, the time is decent and I felt so good on this run.

Another thing that I noticed is that I am not sore at all after this run.  After my first 5 mile run 2 weeks ago I had some major hamstring soreness for quite a few days afterward.  My second 5 mile run last weekend I had just a tad bit of twinging the next morning.  Then, today, the day after my 6 miler, nothing.  Not even a twinge.  I call that a win.

The route I took this time is basically the same as the 5 mile route I used but I just parked a half mile from the bike path.  I think that in 2 weeks when I hit 7 miles I am going to have to drive a good bit away to have a good place to run.  This is a very small town with lots of curvy back roads, crazy-fast drivers, and not enough city to go 7 miles without going up and down a million streets.  I have quite a few options if I drive about 35-40 minutes for my long weekend run and I am willing to do that.

This is getting a bit longer than I intended but I have 2 more things to mention!  My first 5k is coming up next weekend!  I have never run in a race so I am excited about it.  I have no expectations at this point (I know I am slow!) but I am a tad nervous just because it is something new.  I know I can do the distance and though it has a hill I am fairly certain I will be ok because I have been incorporating some hills into my training runs.  Should be fun!

Finally another reminder about the Run Like a Girl Race Series!

Dawn is hosting the virtual race series to benefit Girls on the Run NE Tennessee.  It is a great cause, with awesome giveaways, and some pretty bling.  Go check it out HERE.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment