Sunday, March 10, 2013

On to Week 5

Today I finished my last, and first, run of week 4.  This week was very, very bad in terms of training but I was glad to get out there, run in the amazing weather with The Husband, and have a pretty decent time on my long run for the week.  Since this week was fairly bad I have set the goal to be sure to get in every single one of my workouts in week 5. 

The Husband and I took of this morning using the same route we took last week but this time he decided to run with me with intentions of making his a short run by turning around when we got to the lake and heading back to the car while I went out and around.  He also started before me while I ran a block up to get some chapstick for us to have on the run.  Since he started ahead of me, and I wanted to catch up, I really pushed myself.  My first mile was at a 9:03 pace as I didn't want to get too far behind.  I ended up catching up with him around mile 1.5 so my 2nd mile pace was a 10:11.

When we got to the lake he ran just past where my phone alerted me to the 2 mile mark so his "short run" quickly turned into just over a 4 miler!  He's amazing that man! He has always been a runner but he literally hasn't run in about a year and takes off and does just over 4 miles the first go.  He is definitely my motivation.  I ended up with a time of 52:51 which put me at an average 10:19min/mile since I ran 5.12 miles today.  My best time to date since I spent the whole time on the way there and the way back attempting to catch him.


Week
Mon
Tues
Weds
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
4
Stretch & strengthen

50 Each
Pushups
Squats
Situps
3.5 m run
2 m run or cross
3.5 m run + strength
Rest
40 min cross
5 m run

5.12 miles
52:51


After today's run I am optimistic that my hamstrings are not going to be as sore tomorrow as they were after my 5 last week.  Next week we bump up to 6 miles.  I have to check out mapmyrun.com and see where I need to park in town to add another half mile at the start and finish to this run will be.  Since I live in such a small town, with terrible sidewalks, and not much in the way of a bike path I think 6 miles will be my last run here.  I am going to have to travel about 40 minutes to my college town to hit their bike path once we hit the higher mileage in order to have a safe place to run.

Here's next weeks schedule:



Week
Mon
Tues
Weds
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
5
Stretch & strengthen
4 m run
2 m run or cross
4 m run + strength
Rest
40 min cross
6 m run
 
I am actually really excited for that 6 mile run.  If we have decent weather on Wednesday my cross training will be hitching up the kids in the bike wagon and doing the 5 miles I ran today on the bike hauling a bunch of pounds of kids behind me!

Run Like a Girl!
Finally another reminder for Dawn's Run Like a Girl Race series for Girls on the Run! Just $25 and it supports a great cause and gets you some gorgeous Bling!

Find more information HERE!

Go directly to sign up HERE!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment