Monday, March 18, 2013

Goal Setting

Lately, I have been trying to set a goal for myself in terms of my running and races.  Originally my plan was to try to get at least 1-2 races a month, of varying distances (i.e whatever I am able to find in this small town!) and go from there.  I also have on my list a full marathon for next fall which of course is a big goal in itself.  BUT I still wanted something more and I think I figured out what that can be!

A half-marathon in each of the 48 states in the contiguous United States!

I read about someone else doing it and it really sounds like a lot of fun.  What I really like about it is that there is no expiration date so that if I don't manage to finish in a certain amount of time it isn't going to bother me.  Another is that it won't put a huge strain on our budget all at once.  The Husband and I are really just making the transition to being a one income family.  I have been home since last May with the kids when he left town to work and it has worked well because I had some money back and have continued paying the bills that I took care of before that time.  Here in a couple of months that will change and he will be taking over everything so that I can be home with the kids and continue to homeschool them.  I am so very thankful for that so I don't want to put too much strain on things.  We are looking at the possibility of going on the road with him very soon which will give me the opportunity to hit some other parts of the country and we have some travel plans in the future that I can take advantage of.  This is, of course, still a thought in process since I haven't even run it past him yet! =)  I will be doing that soon and hopefully after that I can start making a wishlist!  I am crossing my fingers that he doesn't think I am crazy!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment