Saturday, March 2, 2013

The "I-Think-I-Can's"

This has definitely been one of the harder weeks for my running since I have started back in the New Year.  I had a REALLY hard time getting myself onto the treadmill for my 2 runs this week.  I opted to do cross training on Wednesday instead of the 2 mile run.  My run on Tuesday was 3.5 miles in 40:03 and Thursday's 3.5 miles came in at 37:21.  I am still aggravated with my times but I know the more I push and the harder I work the better they will become.  I keep having to remind myself that I just started back at the beginning of January after many, MANY months of hardly any exercise.

I had what I try to think of as the "I-Think-I-Cans" during those 2 tough runs.  I would look at my time and think "I'm a third of the way there," or "I'm half way there," or " Only 1 more mile, that's NOTHING," just to keep myself going.  My body just wanted to give up and get off the treadmill but my mind kept telling me that I had weigh-in the next morning and a half marathon looming ahead in just a few weeks.  Needless to say, I finished, but I wasn't super happy during the run!

Week
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
3
Stretch & strengthen
3.5 m run


40:03
2 m run or cross
3.5 m run + strength

37:21
Rest
40 min cross
5 m run


But in happier news, The Husband made it home this weekend so that means a nice outside run this weekend!  He is planning to hit the bike path with me either running with me or on his bike for the 5 miles tomorrow.  He hasn't run since I did last spring so 5 miles is quite a bit to jump right into!  Tonight after we put the kidlets to bed the plan is to do my circuit training from pinterest and then any leftover time from that I am going to walk on the treadmill at a moderate pace.  Tomorrow is the big 5 mile run.  I am looking forward to showing myself I can do it as well as scared that I may not be able to...

Here is my route for tomorrow..  I will have to update when I finish. =) Also, I still need to link up to my friends virtual race series.  I am hoping to sign up this week.



Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment