Monday, March 4, 2013

I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm done! And virtual race details

I actually used this line yesterday while out on my 5 mile run around the lake.  There are a couple really good hills out there, a little over a 200ft ascent, and I was DONE by the time we were on the flat on the way back to the car.  I was spent and my legs felt heavy and were burning.  5 miles probably doesn't seem like much to most people but it is the most I have ever done and I have to say I am proud of myself for finishing!

The Husband went with me but since he hasn't run in a long time he rode his bike.  It was so nice having the company and the motivator that he always is when we work out together.  He stayed at a pace that kept him with me the entire time and every time I shed a layer of clothes he took it onto the bike with him.  He also carried my water bottle a few of the miles. =)  It was especially great because he was FROZEN the entire time.  Even though he bundled he wasn't working quite hard enough to get his body temp up, it was spitting snow and the windchill had the temperature hovering under 30 degrees.

I really enjoyed the run but there were some moments there I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  All in all, I chalk it up to a great run since The Husband helped push me through and I finished with a pace better than I have had on both of my 4 mile runs.

 5.04 miles in 53:35 so a 10:38 average pace!  I am pleased with that for now!


RUN LIKE A GIRL 


On to the virtual race series my friend Dawn is putting on!  She is raising money for Girls on the Run in NE Tennessee.  She is doing this through pledges on her 30 half marathons before she turns 30 and a virtual race series called the Run Like A Girl Race Series.  She has some amazing medals designed and has a possible t-shirt design if she can get enough people interested in ordering one!

The first race (of 3) will take place May 1st-May 13th and is only $25.  All of that will go to Girls on the Run minus the cost of the medal.

So, go sign up! It is for a great cause and some very awesome bling comes with it.  She is also hosting some great giveaways and the earlier you sign up the more chances you have to win!

The link to sign up is HERE and to find out how the race works go HERE.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment