Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Things Friday.. a tad late

Haven't done one of these yet but I thought it would be fun!

1. We leave for vacation this week! 


I am REALLY excited to get out of town for awhile and have a lot of this going on.
 



Last year we went to Florida and hit the theme parks.  We spent 2 days at Disney, a day at Universal, and a day at Sea World.  It was a blast and the kids were on cloud 9, but there just wasn't enough beach time in mine, or The Husband's opinion.  We love the beach!  It is much different with kids- not a lot of relaxing and reading but a lot of fun! Also, I am so thankful that we have family willing to come stay at our house for a week to keep an eye on things and take care of the animals and plants.
 
Point one brings me to my next point.

2. I don't know if I am made to be a southern runner!

I would love my running path to look like this! {source}
The Husband and I have been tossing around the idea of moving south or west in the relatively near future.  We both hate winter and snow and really want out of this area we live in.  It is going downhill and fast!  BUT, the last few days I have been running in the morning around 8am and it feels like I am going to die because of the humidity we are having lately! It's ridiculous! I need to either get up earlier or just continue to suck it up! =) (complaining over!)

3. The kids are done with school for the year... kinda

I don't know if I have mentioned it yet but I homeschool my kids.  We just finished up for the year but we are going to continue to review all summer.  I don't want them to lose the gains they have made so we will continue reading and math through the summer.  Rex (who turned 5 in March) will be starting 1st grade in the fall and Curly (who will be 4 in July) will be starting kindergarten with a modified math program. Sister isn't loving the numbers!

4.  I need a running buddy.
This girl is about to get a rude awakening =)

I know I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts but this time I mean it in a different way.  I wish one of my dogs ran with me! I have 3 labs- 2 that are older (7&11) and one that is only 2.  I tried to run with her last year in my little stint of running and she acted like she had some hip issues the next day.  It made me feel bad so I haven't tried since.  She has been running all over our property and not acted as if her hips bother her and she is getting a little hefty so she needs the exercise.  I think I am going to try again soon.  She would make a nice little alarm system and I would feel more comfortable in some of the areas I want to run in but don't because I am alone.

5. Running schedule needs to start asap.

I have been running but not as consistently as I would like so I am trying to choose between a couple options.  I am either going to back up to week 6 of the Hal Higdon half program I used or go with one of his 10k programs because that is what I have coming up next.  It will keep me accountable which will in turn help me stay focused.  It helps The Husband, too, because he goes off my schedule and says it keeps him motivated when I am.







2 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic vacation!! I homeschool as well (although my kids are WAY older than yours, my oldest just graduated!) I want to go south as well, but as it warms up here, I have started to think I might not do well in the heat of summer down south!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could be a southern runner, either. I need to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete