Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekly Workout Roundup

This week wasn't as terrible as last week, so that's good.  I keep setting goals not to miss any workouts and life just laughs at me.  I still feel like I got a decent amount of work in but it wasn't what I wanted.  I did try to plank each day on top of what I did manage.  I do have to say that I have about 3-4 weeks until my last semester of grad school and I will be glad to see it be over!  I turned in an 18 page paper last week that has taken up most of my extra time and attention this week.  I have another 5-7 page one due tonight-which I should definitely be doing right now....



Week
Mon
Tues
Weds
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
8
(4-1 to 4-7)
4.5 m run




5 m run
57:13
8 m run




1:28:37
3 m run or cross
Rest
4.5 m run+ strength
50 min cross


4 mile walk/run with the kids on their bikes
9 m run
 Subbing Monday for today

JM 30 Day shred
1 hour softball




Monday- I decided that since the previous week was not that great I would go ahead and do 5 miles instead of the 4.5 that was on the schedule.  Luckily The Husband is home now and it will be much easier for me to get my runs in earlier.

Tuesday- I did Sunday's long run after some babysitter snafus.  Completed my 8 miles in 1:28:37.  Not the greatest time but at this point, since I am just starting out, I am happy with the time for now.  Right now I just want to finish my half which is in 4 short weeks (eek!).

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday- I didn't get anything done.  They were spent working on school work and getting the house ready for The Husband's return.  He has been gone for almost a year and we were ready to see him come home for a bit.  Hopefully the next job we will be going along with him! One of these days was a scheduled rest day, however.

Saturday- The Husband and I loaded up the kids and went for a 4 mile walk/run.  The kids rode their bikes and we would walk until they got too far ahead of us and then run to catch up with them.

Sunday- I decided to move my Sunday run to Monday this week so we could take advantage of my sisters being in town and go play softball with them and let the kids fly their kites.  I plan to also do my 30 Day shred video this evening if I ever focus and get this paper done tonight.


Another week and another goal.  Now with the husband home I hope that I can keep from missing any workouts.  I think I may return to Zumba while he is here since I have a months worth of paid classes from a card I won and it hasn't been used.  They are also doing something called HIIT Fit afterward so I think that will be beneficial to my cross training to get out and do it!  It even falls on my scheduled cross training/strength days so I call that a score as well!

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. Good job keeping active even if you did other types of activities! Enjoy the husband ;)

    ReplyDelete