Monday, April 15, 2013

About Boston


Source

Today, as I was sitting on the couch folding laundry and watching the Boston Marathon, I was laughing with my husband.  He was joking with me about how running has taken over my life and that he thought it was funny that I was watching the marathon.  I told him that I don't think that I will ever qualify for Boston but it is such an iconic event that I want to be a part of it and I want to go volunteer for it in the near future.  Shortly after about the first 10 men and women came in I shut off the t.v and went about my day cleaning the house.

Then came the news....
Source

The Husband walked in the door and asked me if I had seen the explosions?  What explosions??? I immediately hit Twitter and saw the many tweets about the explosion.  I turned on CNN and instantly got chills watching the coverage.  It shook me to my core.  These are my people! Even though I am new to running, the running community is a strong one that I feel to be a part of already.  I take this as a personal attack!  I am horrified this has happened and I am still watching the coverage constantly waiting on more news. My thoughts are with all of those who were affected by this event.

Tomorrow I will be out on a 5 mile training run but I will be running for Boston.  For those who can't run.  For those who were injured, lost their lives, or lost a family member. For those who didn't get to finish possibly their dream run today because of this act.
Source



No comments:

Post a Comment