Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Back at it....again!

Back to blogging.  Back to running.  Back to eating healthier.  All of it. 

Since I last wrote on the blog (a MILLION years ago!) so much has happened!  I placed 3rd overall woman in the Bobcat Hustle in April 2014, ran 2 more half marathons (Athens half marathon and 3 weeks later the Cap City Marathon), got a 2:05 PR at the Cap City race, ran my first marathon after a terrible, terrible bout of training and more leg issues with an awful time, had my house burn down, moved to a different town during construction, lost a grandparent way too young, moved home, and on and on.  Needless to say, I didn't deal well.  I fell back on old habits of terrible eating and very little activity.  I am heartbroken that I let this happen again but I am dusting myself off and getting back in the saddle. 

In the typical fashion I made some New Years resolutions that included eating healthier and exercising more so I can get back to the me I was happiest with.  The one that was healthy and strong and didn't think twice about, and craved, going hiking and running while on vacation.  I am signing up for some fall races to get my mojo going again and getting back to writing on the blog and interacting with some like minded people. =)  My times may not be great but my heart will be happy!

Here's to starting over!

No comments:

Post a Comment