Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Path to the Half

Happy first (and hopefully not last) blog post to me! I always have the hardest time keeping up with a blog though I always really wish to, so hopefully this time works out much better for me.  I was inspired by my friend over at The Rushing Herd to start a blog to keep track of my running this year!  She is awesome! Striving for 30 half marathons before her 30th birthday!  I'm just looking forward to my first that we are running together in May.

 The Flying Pig in Cincinnati has the reputation of a great atmosphere and I am glad that I chose to go ahead and bite the bullet and sign up for it as my first instead of waiting until September as originally planned.  I am hoping to still do the Air Force Half in Dayton to keep me motivated.

I am currently using the Hal Higdon Half Marathon training program (Novice 1) that should have me built up to 10 miles the week before the half marathon.  I am at the beginning of week 2 right now and did my first "long run" for the program yesterday since I wasn't able to run on Sunday.  I have done most of my running lately on the treadmill but since I signed up for the half I am now trying to get at least 2 of my weekly runs outside.  I ran 4.03 yesterday through town, with about 3 good hills, in 44:11.  Not the greatest time but this is only the second time EVER I have run 4 miles and only the first time outside.



Week
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
1
Stretch &
Strengthen

3 m run
2 m run
or cross
3 m run +
strength

Rest
30 min
cross

4 m run



             

Now, moving right along into week 2!  I am doing my 3 miles this afternoon and may possibly make it a 5k for a virtual 5k that I saw posted.  If I happen to do that I will link to it later this evening. 
Week
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
2
Stretch &
Strengthen

3 m run
2 m run
or cross

3 m run +
strength

Rest
30 min
cross

4 m run



Well, off to put the kidlets down for a nap and hop on the treadmill!



No comments:

Post a Comment